Thursday, June 09, 2011

37th SSEAYP 2010 - The Last Flight Out

Day 53 - 16 December 2010

Spent some time chatting with Mortal at the corridor in the wee hours of the morning. Stayed up the night and took a shower at 5am to prepare to "check out" of Fuji Maru.

The timings for contingents to meet at the Dining Hall before disembarking were different, based on the flight timings. Singapore contingent was among the second batch to leave.

Despite the early hours, many of the Participating Youths of other contingents woke up to send off their 53-day-old friends. In particular, the Japan Contingent was out in full force (even though they were the last to disembark).

Hugs and tears for everyone at the lobby, as we waited for the call to enter the Dining Hall.

The lethargy from the deprived sleep helped to retain my tears until Japan National Leader (NL) & also NL for Solidarity Group A, Waku-T came over and put on a luminous wrist band on my right hand, saying that it was a blessing. He also placed one on the wrist of Mortal.

I suddenly recalled how Waku-T put on two of those wrist bands onto each of my hand during my birthday as well as all the advice and help he had rendered over the past few weeks.

Having breakfast in the bus ride to Narita Airport


The lowest temperature we experienced in Tokyo











Slept throughout the whole journey with Sijie seated beside me.


Thankfully, Lin Qiang came to fetch me at the airport. I had too much luggage to handle on my own.

My first dinner back home was... Japanese food!

Reluctant to remove the wrist band from Waku-T


It's good to be home again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.