Friday, February 04, 2011

37th SSEAYP 2010 - Dreaming of You on Thailand Night

Day 23 - 16 November 2010

Slept early the night before so that I could wake in time for a morning jog with Mortal. When I popped my head out to the deck at 7am, Mortal had already started jogging.

It was free day for the first half of the day. Actually the title "Free Day" in our schedule is an anomaly, since people would be busy doing their laundry, or having project meetings. Today, we had our Solidarity Group (SG) photo shoot. SG-A being the first SG, had our photo shoot at 10.25am, right after the National Leaders took theirs.

Japanese are very particular with timing, so our SG photo was taken on time, despite us not having the complete attendance.

SG-A Photo

Ship Captain & Crew

After the photo shoot, SG-A gathered at the Lounge and discussed ideas on our night call. Our Group Leader (GL) Thao remembered me suggesting to her that we could sing the song "Dreaming of you" by Selena, and she brought up for discussion. The song went down well with most members and was adopted to be our night call song.

Thailand PYs publicising their National Presentation in the evening

After lunch, the Discussion Programme (Group Discussion VI) resumed.

DG Youth Development Facilitator Jay

Each contingent presented their Post-programme project ideas. For the Singapore Participating Youths (SPYs) in Youth Development DG, our idea was called the "Y-infect". Y-infect was a platform to bridge youth to NGOs & VWOs by marketing volunteering opportunities to the youth via social media.


In the evening, we had the Thailand National Presentation.


The dress code was BLACK.


The theme was "Alice in Wonderland", with Alice (casted by Bow) exploring the wonderful and amazing Thailand. It made me think of the "Alice in Wonderland" Graduation Concert for the PCF Kindergarten, of which I was the Adviser, back in Singapore which would take place on 20 November.

SG mate Bow as Alice


Alice goes into her Dream...













Discussion Programme Facilitators from Thailand also join in the performance







The Thailand PYs awed us with the luminous light performance.






With Jeane & Sin Yan (SPYs)

SG A members


At 11pm, SG A members gathered around the Administration Counter for the Night Call. Bas-chan (Philippine) was the Deejay. Sonny (Indonesia) & Note (Thailand) did the guitar. The rest of us lent our voice.



Late at night when all the world is sleeping,
I stay up and think of you.
And I wish on a star
That somewhere you are thinking of me too.

Cuz' I'm dreaming of you tonight
Till tomorrow I'll be holding you tight.
And there's nowhere in the world I rather be
than here in my room dreaming about you and me.

Wonder if you'll ever see me
and I wonder if you know I'm there.
If you looked in my eyes
when you see what's inside
would you even care?

I just wanna hold you close
but so far all I have are dreams of you.
So I wait for the day
and the courage to say how much I Love You, Yes I do!

Now I'm dreaming of with you tonight
Till tomorrow and for all of my life.
And there's nowhere in the world I rather be
than here in my room, dreaming with you endlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.