Friday, June 18, 2010

Presenting an Award - Friend of the School

25 May 2010

"Presenting an Award" is an advanced Toastmasters project, part of the Special Occasions manual.

I delivered my speech at Kg Chai Chee Toastmasters club chapter meeting as a school principal. The setting was the school's speech day, and I was to present the Friend of the School award.

In my speech, I deliberately left out any mentioning of the individual's name until the final part where I called upon everyone to applaud in honour of the individual.

Sincerity is very important when delivering an award presentation speech. Speaking without a script, one should avoid giving the facial expression or any gestures that might indicate that the speaker has forgotten what to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.