Thursday, October 01, 2009

NUS Inter-Faculty Games International Chess Competition

17 September 2009

3 years in NUS and this is my first time participating in the Intra-Faculty Games. I always wanted to sign up for some of them but always procrastinated and then time flies...

That was why when my tutorial mate was desperately looking for players to represent the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, I agreed.

While waiting for time for the Games that day, I figured out how to play International Chess by playing the Chess Titans game on my laptop. In my whole life, I haven't even completed playing a single round of chess game. And moments later, I would be representing my Faculty. Haha.

The main draw to play the Games was of course not the complimentary Team NUS Tshirt (cross fingers). At least I would be graduating from NUS with a Team NUS shirt. It's a great avenue to make new friends too.

I used to think Chinese Chess is a more mind-challenging game than International Chess until I played a few rounds.

Managed to win one of the opponents. That made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.