Saturday, September 12, 2009

My First Humorous Speech Contest

26 August 2009

Just one day after Kg Chai Chee Toastmasters Club August Chapter Meeting, where I experimented with my Humorous Speech as project 8 and got voted as the best prepared speech speaker, I found myself at the Club Humorous/Evaluation Joint Contest at Toa Payoh South Community Club.

It was a real eye-opener to witness the many experienced Toastmasters deliver their Humorous Speech. For a moment, I really feel like burying my head underground.

I was encouraged by a Toastmaster who had won many Humorous contests at the Division level. He shared many practical tips and shared his evaluation on my speech. I learnt a lot from this guru and experienced how a Toastmaster inspires.

After seeing the heavily decorated club flag for both Toa Payoh South CC Toastmasters Club and New Millenium Advanced Toastmasters Club, I set my goals in doing the same for my club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.