Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Kg Chai Chee CC WEC Colouring Contest

26 July 2009

The colouring contest is organised at the Community Centre in conjunction with the Emergency Preparedness day at the carpark right outside the CC.

After taking up the position of President at Kg Chai Chee Mandarin/English Toastmasters Club, one of my aim is to create more speaking avenues for members through involvement with in grassroots and partnership with the CC's Women's Executive Committee. The Toastmasters Club is a subgroup of the WEC. I am honoured to be the Master of the Ceremony for the event.

The Club's VPE Adelene helped set up a publicity booth for the Club. The response was better than expected and some parents actually left their particulars down for following up.

WEC Assistant Treasurer & the Toastmasters Club Sponsor, Mdm Sim and myself conducted some games for the energetic crowd of children. The enthusiasm was so overwhelming that I found myself surrounded by all of them when I just requested for one participant.

The prizes were presented by the Guest-of-Honour, Mr Lee Yi Shyan, Minister of State for Trade & Industry and MP for East Coast GRC.

I was heartened when a parent requested for me to take a picture with her children. The boy had just won the contest, and the girl had participated in the "5 cute poses" game that I conducted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.