Monday, June 15, 2009

Vietnam Toastmasters Club 4th Meeting

13 June 2009

When Geok Cheng invited me to Vietnam Toastmasters Club to be a project evaluator, I thought it would be a great opportunity to try out the job.

In the morning, I made my way to the Lee Kong Chian School of Business, Singapore Management University, where the meeting was held. The place is easily accessible and the facilities were wonderful. As I said in my evaluation speech, the club is "well endowed".

In the meeting, the club sponsor and mentor Geok Cheng announced that the club has now been chartered. Although the club is young, the proceedings were professionally conducted and the enthusiasm of every member is high. Everyone seemed to be so energetic and eager to participate.

My maiden evaluation went to Grace's maiden speech. She talked about her experience in stepping out of her comfort zone and one way she did so, was to join Toastmasters. Well said!

Clinte gave a special speech item, "The Big Catch", in which he covered the 3 main types of speech and how to go about perfecting in them.

Receiving the appreciation ribbon from Charter President Catherine Tran:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.