Thursday, May 28, 2009

Where are the Nurses?

A friend of mine was sick and I accompanied him to Changi General Hospital. This is a hospital which is not in my list of top 1,000 preferred hospital. Neither do I link anything satisfactory with this hospital due to prior bad experiences.

Once, my Grandmother was warded and her wrist tag bore the wrong name and NRIC. On another occasion, the service by a staff nurse was so bad that my Grandmother became fearful of that nurse. I have heard of many other people with poor reviews of CGH. Nevertheless, it's the hospital of the East and one just has to accept that fact when one resides in the East.

My grouse this time round zooms in on the nurses' station at the A&E area.

Where are the nurses? 11 Nurses? Not one to be seen for a good long time.

It is understandable that nurses are away from their station to attend to the ever-long queue of patients. That can be forgived. But what about the disorganised and messy counter?

Syringes and Urine Sample placed anyhow:


Blood Samples placed anywhere:


More blood samples and confidential patients' information:

The nurses are helpful and friendly. By lodging a formal complaint, I'll be very unfair to the nurses who have provided good customer service. However, if no complaint is made, then improvements would be slow to come by.

Sigh... Where are the nurses?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.