Monday, May 18, 2009

My First Module at NACLI

17 May 2009

Registered for a course at NAtional Community Leadership Institute (NACLI) some time ago. The course that I'd attend is a workshop for Secretaries/Assistant Secretaries. Despite having already gone through on-the-job-training and learning from the seniors, I thought it would be a good idea to find out what is the proper way to execute my role as an Assistant Secretary in my RC and how others are doing.

Going to NACLI is like going to my school (NUS). It's a long, long journey. This is my fourth time coming to NACLI. Always enjoy exploring around and locating the venue within the compound. All the rooms and areas are strategically named, e.g. Thinking Terrace, Synergy Road, etc.

Our facilitator is Mey Lin, who has 19 years experience working in PA. After ice-breaker, we carried on to learn the roles and responsibilities of Secretaries and how to write good minutes. After lunch, we had a mock meeting and wrote minutes. It was a pity I have to depart early to my RC Centre for Mother's Day Celebrations.

Tickets for Eunos Zone '3' Mother's Day Celebrations were completely sold out. More than a hundred residents gathered at the RC Centre to enjoy great games and food. I was the host for the Bingo gameshow. Each number that was called out invited mixed responses from the participants. Amusing. On the 3rd round of Bingo, I got the lucky winners to play 终极密码 or Guess-the-number and everyone had fun.


For more of Eunos Zone '3' information, check out http://eunoszone3.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.