Friday, March 20, 2009

Touring Naval Diving Unit Camp

18 March 2009

Lin Qiang enrols into National Service today. Mother, Lin Qiang and I met Uncle at 6.30am to be driven to Sembawang Camp. I didn't know it was that far away from home. It took us 1 hour to reach.

On our way in, we saw the mascot of the NDU. It was a frog with wings. From Lin Qiang, I understood that NDU divers are frogman, a direct translation of the Chinese term for divers 蛙人.

The enlistees took their seats at the front while their family members sat at the back. When everyone had arrived, the training warrants took us for a tour round the camp. The deepest impression I had was the training ground at the open sea. Right opposite within visible range is Malaysia. Nuff said...

The enlistees recited their pledge and that brought back fond memories. A few years ago, I was there pledging my life for Singapore. When we're done in the hall, we went to the cookhouse for our last meal in camp together.


1 comment:

  1. Dear Sir,
    Very nice Blog.
    I like ur Blog very much. I m following ur blog since last few months.
    I m also running a Blog, a Finance Blog.
    http://myjourneytobillionaireclub.blogspot.com/
    Since last few weeks, I m planning to put a Link of your blog in my blog roll.
    Sir if u also put a link of my blog in ur blog roll than it will be helpful to both of our readers....

    So What do u say?
    if u r ready than please let me know on asav4u@gmail.com...
    thx...
    waiting 4 ur reply....
    keep in touch...!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your feedback and comments.