Sunday, January 25, 2009

Withering Plants

23 January 2009

Since the start of 2009, the weather had turned weird in Singapore. Strong winds and low temperatures at night had cheered some and jeered others. However, there had been no rain if I recalled correctly. Which explains why I had been noticing the withering grass along the roads.

Hock Rong and I were on our way to Bedok Central to do some shopping of prizes for the Bingo & Treasure Box Nite on Saturday, when I took some photos of the browning of the landscape.

Just nice I had been reading MM Lee Kuan Yew's Memoirs and just finished the part where he talked about why he decided to make Singapore a garden city. One of the desirable results from a green landscape is the boosting of morale for Singaporeans. A pleasing view would help to also impress foreigners.

With the bright sunny weather drying up the plants in this time of economic uncertainty, I do wish for some rain to revive the greenness in the neighbourhood. How ironic!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.