Tuesday, January 13, 2009

One Night Stay at Novotel

11 January 2009

Mother had a complimentary one night stay at Novotel Hotel, so we went on the eve of my new school term.

At 2pm, we checked into the hotel. The receptionist gave us a free upgrade to a premium suite on the 24th floor. There were iMac computers at the lobby to allow customers to log on and surf the web. Novotel is not as big as most hotels but it is definitely cosy. From our window, we could see the Singapore River and the city landscape.

As usual, we toured the facilities around the hotel. The small swimming pool is outdoors. There is a small gym with no staff. Wearing slippers, I burnt some 10 calories before we left for our lunch at Liang Court.

I didn't know that there was such a shopping mall catered for Japanese. At Liang Court, most of the restaurants serve Japanese food. If I did not just walk in from Novotel, I would thought I was in Japan when I saw the product items in the shopping mart. Needless to say, we had Jap food for High-Tea!

We ate at BOTEJYU Okonomiyaki restaurant and ordered variant dishes to try. At one point, I kept sprinkling the seaweed powder onto my bowl cuz' it tasted so good.

I retreated back to the hotel to sleep. When I woke up, we left for Chinatown to do some shopping at OG and dining.

At 11.30pm, Lin Qiang and I went to Satay Club restaurant to watch the football match between Manchester United and Chelsea. Sear joined us after his movie. Our principal motive was to enjoy the match but ended up getting a dish for each of us and a 18-satay plate that costs $15! The food is undeniably good, but Lin Qiang's chicken chop was too small, smaller than his fist.

The match was fantastic. Manchester United won an astounding 3-0 against Chelsea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.