Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Eunos Edusave Merit Bursary Presentation Ceremony

4 January 2009

RC Chairman Mr Sawaran Singh drove us to Bedok North Secondary School for the Edusave Merit Bursary (EMB) presentation ceremony. We volunteered our weekend morning to ensure an enjoyable and memorable experience for all the hardworking students.

I remember receiving EMB and Edusave Scholarships when I was a student. I would usually attend the function alone, if not with Mother, and would feel nervous yet excited. Bearing this in mind, I greeted the students, asked them if it were their first time receiving and congratulated them while ushering them to their seats.

During the ceremony, I was on stage to ensure that the certificates were awarded in sequence. There, I observed the little actions of the students on stage. Most would be overwhelmed by the handshake with the Guest of Honour, Mayor Zainul, and the audience. I got them to stand in line for the group photo taking before they returned to their seats.

All the grassroots leaders and Mayor Zainul went to the event "New Head for the New Year" at the Old Temporary Market. It is an event organised by the Lions Club, Zone 2 & 5 RCs for old folks to receive free haircut as well as free food.

At 1pm, I reached Tampines Changkat CC to attend a policy forum facilitator training. The training session is to prepare us for facilitating the policy forum "New Media: A Boon or A Bane", which would be taking place on 10 January 2009. Got to meet new friends - Tony, Shikin and Ephraim, all YEC members. Kelvin the trainer shared with us the useful tips for pre-event considerations, during and post-event actions.

On the way back, joined RC members at the coffeeshop. Hock Rong came slightly later. They started drinking beer and I retired to get my much desired rest before giving tuition to my cousin. Fascinatingly, they drank for more than 4 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.