Saturday, December 06, 2008

Sashimi Buffet & Prawning at Pasir Ris

5 December 2008

Took a break from work and had a day out with Mr Ong. It has been a long time since I saw him and was excited about his updates.

We headed to Nihon Mura Japanese restaurant outlet at Downtown East. The buffet package was fantastic, offering more choices than Sakae Sushi. The sashimi meals are fresh as well. Mr Ong ordered all the different raw fishes which I initally was very reluctant to try. But the freshness tempted me and they taste superb!


Interestingly, when Mr Ong requested for some lemons, the waiter gave us this...

After filling our stomachs, we headed to Pasir Ris prawning farm. Mr Ong took out his prawning kit from his car boot and we rented a rod. He has his own hooks and fishing line.

There's only another family doing prawning besides us. We attracted some attention when Mr Ong caught 2 prawns within the first 10 minutes.

13 isn't really an unlucky number after all


Mr Ong is more than a teacher. He has provided guidance in my life even after graduation from Temasek JC. And with his coaching, I managed to finally detect the sensitive movements of the bait by prawns. Today I caught my first prawn!




Unfortunately, we have to end the session early as I am attending the dialogue for grassroots leaders by Aljunied GRC MPs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.