Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Returning the Favour

26 December 2008

We were almost late. I guess all of us were really exhausted the day before. Despite being late for work, Hock Rong came and bid farewell to the Hong Kong exchange delegates. Was surprised when George and Jonathan presented their gifts to me.

A gift from Jonathan (pen from Shirley)

From George

& A Christmas Card!

Off we went via a taxi to Royal Plaza on Scotts, where they will be checking into. We reached just in time. It is a very posh hotel. After sending them up to their rooms, I bid my farewell to them.

After settling the programme sheets for Toastmasters speechcraft competition, I met up with Wei Kiat at the CC to sell the Eunos Healthy Lifestyle Day tickets to the residents at 5pm. I felt bad that Hock Rong had sacrificed his off days to help me accompany my Hong Kong delegates, so it is time to return the favour by ensuring a good turnout at the Sunday event.

At the CC, met Mr Singh and followed him to put up the banner for the Eunos Emergency Preparedness Day. The designated carpark had already been cordoned.

Every door-to-door ticket selling is a different experience. Today, I chatted with a resident who was surprised to see a RC member promoting grassroots activities. She had been staying here for a while but was not informed of any activities. I spoke with her child and also promoted the Youth Group.

At 8.30pm, I chaired the meeting for the Healthy Lifestyle Day until Hock Rong returned from a dinner. The big day is coming... At the end of the meeting, I was already feeling unwell. Had some porridge at the Kopitiam and adjourned early at 11pm. True enough, I would later wake at 1am with a fever...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.