Sunday, December 14, 2008

Harnessing New Media for Community Bonding Workshops

13 December 2008
CPF Building
1pm

Carin and I were appointed as PA's New Media Champion. To prepare ourselves for the tasks, we attended the workshops conducted by Avantus. The workshops were Graphics Editing & Interactive Tools and Multimedia & Podcasting.

In Graphics Editing & Interactive Tools, we learnt how we could use Windows Live Photo Gallery to do some basic editing on event photographs. To further edit photos, we used the freeware GIMP.

In Multimedia & Podcasting, the trainer taught us Microsoft Movie Maker to create videos. As I had previously used that software and other more advanced software, I spent most of my time assisting the person sitting beside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.