Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Eunos CC YEC Year End Dinner & Launch of Website

7 December 2008
Eunos CC MPH

The big day for Eunos CC YEC is finally here, after working hard from dawns to dusks. Even on the eve of the year end dinner, some of us were at MacDonald's fine-tuning all our videos and presentations. We adjourned to rest at about 6 am.

Hock Rong was first to arrive at Eunos CC to arrange the backdrop arrangement, slightly before noon. While walking towards the CC, I met Anthony who was removing the standing displays. He would later plant them in front of the CC, which I thought was a splendid idea.

I commenced my work on the presentation of the launch of website. I would say that this presentation is the best powerpoint presentation I have ever done. In the room, Hock Rong was working on his chairman speech. Ming Choo handled the plant arrangements and suffered from an allergic reaction which made her face itch. Later, Wei Kiat came in to boost morale and Chee Lee worked on the lucky draw presentation. Rahayu took day off from work and came early to help.

Time flies. At about 5pm, I tested my video in the hall. As the music blasted, everyone seemed to stop what they are doing and stared at the screen. The video just makes my heart dance.


--

Aini, from Bedok North Secondary School Service Learning Club, was assigned to help in managing the slides, ensuring that the slides tally with the event. Most importantly, she would be controlling the slides for the website launch. To say she did well was an understatement. It was beyond fanatastic!

Dashed back home for a change of clothes. Jialing's mother prepared orchids for us to pin onto our clothes. That really made us feel different and gave Eunos YEC members a sense of identity.

I was heartened by support from my family and friends. First to arrive was James who volunteered to help. Lovebirds Wee Keat and Hwee Peng came shortly after. Then came SSG Koh and his pregnant wife, with SSG Chris. Jian Hao, who is always supportive of Eunos YEC events, came with the couple, Andrew and Janice. Thanks to all who came!

During the dinner, Mystifying Imran (featured in Channel Suria) performed magic tricks which awed and surprised the audience. SSG Koh was "volunteered" up on stage to assist in one of the tricks:


Mayor Zainul Abidin Rasheed was ushered in by the percussion band, Voodoo. When the video prepared by Ming Choo was played, I was still reading my script. I turned over to look at the screen and saw the preparation phase. Felt teary in the eye for a moment as emotions gush out.

Mayor Zainul launched our website and I gave a short presentation on the highlights of our website. Thanks to Lin Qiang for videoing it. He later won the first prize for lucky draw.

After the event, some of us gathered at the coffeeshop to chill. When everyone adjourned, Hock Rong and I went for night cycling to Bedok jetty. We got stuck in the rain and quickly cycled to the Mac in the rain. As we were drenched, we decided not to enter the restaurant first. Then I remarked that "We deserve a Mega Mac!" and we started acting and recording the "advertisement" in Hock Rong's phone.

At one point, the area outside the Mac flooded to ankle level. When the flood subsided, we decided to head back irregardless of the rain. It was chilling as we cycled back and when we finally reached, I felt so unbelievable that we survived.

Also read: Eunos CC YEC Year End Dinner & Launch of Website Preparation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.