Saturday, August 16, 2008

What Happens when Belongings get Lost

Sometimes things just get missing. You may just lose your wallet which contains valuable cards within it. Usually you wouldn't see your wallet again. It could be a depressing, frustrating, numbing experience. I know since I just lost mine... and I decided to share my post-trauma experience.

What to do when you lost your DBS Debit Card?

Call 1800-111-1111 immediately to request for a block on your card. This is important because with the debit card, the lucky person that picked up yours would be able to do online purchase, even worse, forge your signature if you have one at the back of your card.

The DBS helpdesk staff was very helpful and understanding.

What to do when you lost your UOB ATM Card?

Call 1800 22 22 121 to terminate your card. There is a replacement fee of S$5 for the card.

What to do when you lost your EZlink card?

Call 1800-2255663 to report lost to Transitlink. Your card will be terminated within the next 48 hours. The friendly helpdesk staff will inform you where you can get your card replaced. For me, I went to the Card Replacement Office at Pasir Ris bus interchange and got my card immediately. The remaining concession and money in the EZlink card would be refunded in cash, and can be collected after a week at any Transitlink outlets.

Also you would need to call the National Library at 63323255 and the staff will actually terminate your card for you. Reactivation of your card to borrow books is FREE.

What to do when you lost your Driving License?

Proceed to the Traffic Police Dartment at Comfort Driving Centre @ Ubi to replace the card. According to my friendly Neighbourhood Police Post (NPP) Police officer, lost of photo identifications need not be reported to the police.

At the end of the day, it is heartening to have my Brother assisting me in my search for the wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.