Monday, August 11, 2008

Brand New Semester at NUS - Year 2 Begins

I had spent the recent weeks to readjust my body clock by resting early. Sleeping early not only refreshes the mind and maintain the health but also reduces energy waste. By sleeping early, lights are turned off earlier. Energy conserved, money saved.

2 days after National Day, tertiary students from National University of Singapore (NUS) either dragged or sprung themselves to school. I belong to the latter group. Reflecting back on the Summer break, I reckoned that I had achieved quite a bit. To name a few, I co-founded We Care Printing Services, spent meaningful time with my family, became the Vice President (Education) in my Toastmasters Club and finished reading some books (that I have purchased long ago and had since yellowed) and not forgetting meeting army buddies in my NS call-up.

In the morning, wrapped up my work for the day packed my lunch box and laptop into my big bag. My first time eating from a lunch box and it tasted marvellous. Nothing beats home food.

The first destination of the day was to SingTel Hello! Shop to return the Mio TV set. My family's experience with Mio TV had been utterly dampened by failed promises.

Disappointment Part 1) The Mio TV salesperson had congratulated my household to be one of the lucky few selected for free installation and free rental of the TV box. We only paid for one channel to try out the service. The salesperson told us the channel would have all the latest Hong Kong films but it turned out the complete opposite! All the shows were at least 20 years old!

Disappointment Part 2) After the 6-month contract was up, I called the the customer service hotline to request for termination of Mio TV plan. The customer service officer was polite and offered to extend the free period to another 6 months after hearing my complaint. When asked if there were any deadline for the set to be returned, she politely said no. And then here comes the bill for this month...

Since number portability is now possible, I guess I'll be leaving SingTel mobile plan pretty soon.

Rushed to NUS after that. This is going to be a very Political Science semester for me as I'll be taking PS2239: Foreign Policy and Diplomacy; PS2240: Introduction to Public Administration; PS2248: Chinese Politics; PS2253: Chinese Political Thought; GEK1542: Forensic Science.

Collected the free hard-cover NUSSU Welfare Diary at Central Forum. I thought the campus was filled with so many new faces that it was hard to identify the old ones. Haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.