Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Review on the Pinhole Glasses

Finally received the free pinhole glasses from Pietro Joaquin.

Removing the pinhole glasses from the envelope, I was amazed by the design of it. The pinhole glasses that I usually see have black frames instead of transparent ones.


Pinhole glasses, also known as stenopeic glasses, are eyeglasses with a series of pinhole-sized perforations filling an opaque sheet of plastic in place of each lens. It works like a pinhole camera, restricting the amount of light that enters the eye so as to reduce the circle of confusion at the retina and increase the depth of field. As a result, it is said that pinhole glasses could treat myopia, astigmatism, hyperopia, cataract, presbyopia and computer vision syndrome. Check out how pinhole glasses work.

Now to the reviewing...

Comfort
Initially, looking at the pinhole glasses, I was afraid that it might be too small for my head. When I tried it on, it fit comfortably well with the elasticity. One size fits all.

Vision
The pinhole glasses worked better when you are in brightness. For instance, wearing it while blogging gave me the same kind of vision comparable to when I am wearing my own spectacles. However, I found it not very useful when reading the newspapers and book. I would suggest users to only use it in the day or when facing the screen where there is sufficient lighting. This would give you a good feel of how effective the pinhole glasses is.

Design
As mentioned above, I find this design cooler than the usual ones I encountered which have black frames, although you wouldn't want to wear this out to town (It's not meant for that anyway). With transparent frame, it looks more like a pair of sunglasses.

Purchase your pair of Pinhole Glasses from Pinhole Glasses Direct

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:41 PM

    Hi, may i know is there any where in singapore that sells this? thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can try Guardian. They used to have a booth selling this.

    Buying from Pinhole direct cost about the same as buying in Singapore:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:45 AM

    Free pinhole glasses? How did you get them for free? Also, have these glasses improved your eyesight?

    ReplyDelete

Please share your feedback and comments.