Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Flu Remedies

I'm down with the flu of 2008, my annual dose of illness to give me a break from my work. Let's take a look at some effective flu remedies. For those of you who can't differentiate a flu from a cold, a flu basically gives you fever, blocked nose, sore throat etc while a cold just gives you the running nose.

Combating the Sore Throat:

When Baohui said eating the MacDonald's Ice Cream could cure sore throat, I was in disbelief initially. So we put it to the test. We bought the S$0.60 Ice Cream cone and then I began to gobble it up as usual. The MacDonald's Ice Cream is smoother than normal ice creams, probably due to the gelatin content within it. True enough, my throat wasn't that painful after eating the ice cream. The ice cream might make you cough, which is good in removing off the phlegms.

Combating the Fever:

Yes, I'm a true believer that Coke works on curing fever. During my Secondary school days, I had a high fever while travelling to Vietnam on a school excursion. That night, my teacher Mr Ling bought coke for me and it cured my fever overnight. Coke is also good for diarrhoea cases too (will be explained in the next section).

Before the Coke, my Mother bought a Ling Yang (羚羊) drink, a traditional Chinese herbal drink. This is a must-have for all fever cases. Very effective as well.

Of course, I reluctantly popped two paracetemol pills before I slept.

* Caution: Do not drink coke + Ling Yang + pop pills at one go!

Combating Diarrhoea:

Coke also helps in curing diarrhoea due to the gas it creates in your stomach. However, if you are having diarrhoea, try to avoid the MacDonald Ice Cream...

Last But Not Least:

The Love and Concern are the best antidotes for any diseases in the whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.