Saturday, August 25, 2007

Community Mediation 101

Early morning, some Damai teachers and ex-students (including myself) sent Mr Richard Wee off. Changi Airport has never been a place of good memory despite its first-class status, since I am always seeing people off.

At 1 pm, I arrived at Eunos Community Centre to attend Community Mediation 101 by Siti Hamidah Abdullah Bahashwan, Family Mediator and Counsellor, Owner & Founder of Emotion Works.

The instructor took Sociology and Social Work in NUS (FASS rocks!).

Anyway, initially I thought that mediation is a rather dry topic, very useful but not really interesting. I was proven wrong though.

Professional mediation course at a basic level would take 2 days, Intermediate 5 days and Advanced 10 days. The elementary course we attended lasted 4 hours.

In the course, I got to know Mr Veerasamy, a ex-RSM for 20 years. Interestingly though, is that he was an ex-RSM of my RC chairman. LOL.

Yes, and I am excited about the trip to Changi Airport Terminal 3 on 1 Sept. Yeah~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.