Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Section Commander's Birthday Treat

Met up with my Section Commander from my platoon in the evening. We have met up with some others for his birthday treat. 1SG Chris drove us to an eating place near his residence. There, my Section Commander's former section mates and 1SG Chris and wife got to enjoy a feast.

As an operationally ready National Servicemen, the feeling is different as compared to the past. My Section Commander informed us that he would be holding his wedding dinner on the 31st of December. He even jokingly asked me to be his emcee. Haha, I agreed but hopefully he's just joking. We talked about our latest developments and chat a little, before we proceeded on to 1SG Chris' residence.

His new apartment in Boon Lay looked clean and bright. The theme of the interior has got to be associated with "White".

The programme has just begun when the mahjong sets were on the table. Since I'm a slow and newbie player, I opted out and just observed the 2-hour game.

Time has passed so quickly. It seemed like just a few months ago, my Section Commander gave us his birthday treat. Better start rehearsing as emcee for the wedding dinner before I really get to be the emcee though...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.