Thursday, March 22, 2007

A guinea pig or a rabbit?

I gave a training session to Jackson in the morning at Marine Parade. When we parted, I went to the hawker centre for lunch.

Coincidentally, I shared the table with a young lad, eating the same food. A beggar came by our table and asked for money. The young lad handed over to her some coins, which prompted me to also fork out a coin to her. Then he started a conversation which broke the ice.

He's Yi Qing (like he said, One Green in Chinese) and he is currently a regular Police Sergeant stationed at the Airport. He graduated from Temasek Polytechnic with a diploma in Chemical Engineering. HE lamented that the job market for Chemical Engineers is too saturated, with limited choices of companies that provide the job opportunity. During his National Service with the Singapore Police Force, he decided to sign on the bond with the Force. He's studying a part-time degree and hopes that the degree would bring him better career prospects, if not a conversion to Police Inspector from his current position. I wish him all the best!

Leaving the hawker centre, I went to a nearby pet shop. It is my hobby to visit pet shops and spend some time looking at the adorable animals. This time though, I was entertained by a young lady who will be entering University at the same time as me. Posed quite a lot of questions on different pets to her, and learnt from her answers. I was choosing between owning a guinea pig or a rabbit. Both had relatively long life spans of about 8-10 years, and a high level of commitment would be required to own them. Still puzzled with the choices, I left the store.

Later in the day, went to my mentor's residence. Did some work, met up with some unhappy issues, solved them. Relieved myself of the anger, got back to work. Then, someone prompted me to join a core team of a business called Raffles Biotechnology International Pte Ltd. I wasn't sure because it required an initial investment of S$2000. I didn't know what the plan was. I didn't even see the office. One of the agent who approached me previously was so persistent on me paying first before releasing more information about the company. I think I will be giving it a miss!

At the end of the day, I played with my hamsters and fantasized about having guinea pigs, rabbits and hamsters to live together. Haha. Well the lady at the pet shop said it wouldn't be possible to let rabbits or guinea pigs live with hamsters. They might just get squashed! Haha.

So... Should I get a guinea pig or a rabbit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.