Monday, November 06, 2006

Operationally Ready Date

The anticipated moment of the year, the indescribable astonishing moment, has just happened. I am operationally ready. I can bear arms and fight a war now. I am a trained soldier.

After a year and ten months of not having a pink I/C in the wallet, after a year and ten months of fun and hard work, getting led and leading, getting faulted and praised. This is a next step in life.

Looking back, I remember vividly the unity of the section and the platoon in times of hardship, in strenuous exercises. The way soldiers encourage each other in hard times, motivating others to carry on the missions to complete the objective together as one. The way we relaxed while we looked back on the tough missions and laugh about it.

Now that I am a civilian, there are important lessons learnt from the Service that I can learn from to apply to a civilian context. And now that I am a civilian, it is time to start revving things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feedback and comments.